June 11, 2010
Everyone is harping about Social Media Statistics these days – While channels like Twitter & Facebook are surely very effective when it comes to keeping in touch with friends, families & colleagues, many believe that they may not be as effective for Business & professional channels.
I strongly believe that social media sites will play an extremely important role in how you conduct business & and its growth.
Now, to drive across the point lets look at some of the key numbers from Social Media world. Hubspot recently released a report giving out some great social media statistics.
Awesome Social Media Numbers !
- Globally there are close to 1.6 billion Internet users, with Asia contributing to almost half of them – Asia alone has 738 Million users, predominantly from China.
- There are over 500 Million Active users on Facebook sending / conversing billions of messages every month.
- Twitter is another rage and there have been more than 10 Billion messages that have been sent on twitter till date.
- Over 2 Billion Videos are streamed on Youtube DAILY ! – Imagine that…
Importance of Blogging & Social Media for Business purposes
- Blogging can have a very positive effect on your Company’s branding & growth. As per the Hubspot report, Customers with blogs gathered 68% more leads than customers without blogs. Growing articles starts to impact lead growth once 20+ articles become available.
- If your blog had decent amount of related informative articles (about 50+), the lead generation from blog increased by 77%.
- Infact, 46% of all Businesses who used Company Blog have acquired long term customers.
It is high time that every business adopts social media and takes it seriously !